Remote monitoring station for mosquitoes
With the BG-Counter, Biogents offers the first commercially available remote monitoring device for mosquitoes. The device is combined with the BG-Sentinel mosquito trap from Biogents, which is a trap widely used by professionals for the monitoring and surveillance of mosquitoes.
The counter automatically differentiates mosquitoes from other insects entering the trap, counts them, and wirelessly transmits the results to a cloud server.
Via a web application you can manage your mosquito traps, and get new insights into daily activity patterns, adult density indices, population dynamics, and effectiveness of your control activities.
- enables real-time measurements as well as prediction models and historical analysis of infested areas. Vector control professionals can now establish surveillance programs with unprecedented data density and accuracy, overcoming labour constraints associated with manual inspection
- reports mosquito counts remotely from everywhere in the world to an internet web page
- samples local environmental data such as temperature, relative humidity
- lets you manage the trap and the application of attractants remotely
- reduces costs associated with manually checking mosquito traps.
- 1st line of defence against Adult Mosquito Management NOT larvae only
- More than just a monitoring device (All round 24/7 mosquito management)
- Patented counter flow principle
- Patented lure targeted specifically to increase catch rate of Aedes and Anopheles (mimics the human being and achieves superior capture rates)
- With CO2 option to further enhance catch
- 16 years of academic research and over 300 publications that documents the exceptional catch rate