Barcelo® GR2 is one of many solutions in managing mosquito larvae and is an important factor in Integrated Vector Management
- Its effervescent formulation provides even distribution and leaves no solvent or residues in water.
- Lower dose rate using 5g – 50g per 1,000L water.
- Easy to apply as granules or after dilution with water breeding sites.
- Sustainable Resistance Management.
- Innovative solution in Innovative Vector Management.
- Longer residual effectiveness
- Long-lasting efficacy against mosquito larvae
- Excellent toxicological profile
- Can be used in potable water / drinking water
- General Use
- WHO Scheme
The larvicide for protecting people in your community
Barcelo® GR2 is effective at low doses and provides at least 8 weeks of larval control. So treatment can be less frequent, allowing you to cover more households and protect more of your community.
Less is more – a sustainable approach
Barcelo® GR2, a patented technology, is a low-dose larvicide with a different mode of action to commonly used larvicides.
These features make Barcelo® GR2, ideally suited for Integrated Vector Management (IVM) and protecting communities against dengue fever. Moreover, Barcelo® GR2, controls larvae that may have become resistant to the commonly used larvicides.
Its formulation is adjuvant free and its low rate of application ensures less of the product is released into the environment.
Since Barcelo® GR2 lasts at least 8 weeks, it offers you the chance to protect more people within the same budget.
Method of use
Its effervescent granules distributes Barcelo® GR2 evenly in water, resulting in more effective control of mosquito larvae.
Barcelo® GR2 is very easy to use because it can be applied directly to mosquito breeding sites with no dilution. It can be typically applied by hand or by granular spreading equipment for larger areas. It is ideally suited for applications in difficult-to-reach areas and locations.