The ultimate 7-YEARS Termite Protection Program
In South-East Asia, termites are a fact of life, and it’s not uncommon for termites to infest buildings within just a few years of being built.
Consequently, taking appropriate measures to protect your home are critical. It is especially important that you don’t wait till you discover termites to control them, because by then the damage will be extensive and costly.
Termite protection programs
Termite protection should start before a building is built. This is the best time to create a termite barrier or treatment zone between the soil and the building itself. Don’t skimp on protection here, or you will be inviting trouble later.
Existing buildings need protection too, but installation of protective measures are more difficult. The aim is to create a protective zone around the building that the termites cannot breach, or die if they do. Engage a professional to conduct regular inspections and to ensure protective measures are in place.
The critical factors for termite protection are:
- To ensure the creation of a proper barrier or treatment zone before buildings are built
- To conduct regular termite inspections of existing buildings, and
- To ensure proper protective measures are in place throughout the lifetime of a building
Termite protection options
For buildings under construction, the following termite protection measures can be undertaken:
- The installation of a physical barrier to physically pre- vent termites entering a building
- The treatment of soil with a termiticide to repel or kill the termites (the most popular method)
- The installation of a reticulated piping system through which a termiticide can be introduced to treat the soil as necessary throughout the life time of a building without the need for drilling
For existing buildings, the only practical method to provide protection is to treat the soil with a liquid termiticide. There are two types which are classified by their mode of action:
- Repellent termiticides – these work by repelling the termites from the treated soil
- Non-repellent termiticides – these work by killing the termites that enter the treated soil
Non-repellent termiticides tend to be favoured because by killing the termites you get a more reliable treatment.
Agenda® is a non-repellent termiticide, providing the ultimate 7-YEARS termite protection program combined with a colony management effect. It has faced the stiffest tests that researchers throughout the world have been able to throw at it. Now after more than 15 years of commercial use in Singapore, it is recommended by the leading pest management companies around the world because it has proven to be the best and most reliable termite solution.
Customers whose homes have been protected by Agenda®, have found they no longer have to worry about the threat from termites. They are reassured knowing that their property and belongings are safe from termite damage.
The colony management effect
Agenda® 10 SC works by killing termites, including those back at the colony. Contaminated termites which have entered treated-soil, pass it on to others in the termite colony, causing large numbers of termites in the colony to die. This is what we call the “colony management” or “Domino Effect”.
This colony management effect greatly increases the success of termite control, as termites are eliminated, not just where the soil is treated, but also back their source – the termite colony.
Agenda®’s action however, does not end with the colony management effect. Agenda® remains effective in the soil for 7 YEARS when applied at recommended dose rates as Agenda® binds to the soil strongly and do not leach easily after application.
A sustainable solution
Agenda® is a sustainable option. It has been designed to provide protection as extremely low doses, which means there’s minimal environmental impact. It also won’t affect earthworms, soil microorganisms, or vegetation planted in the treated soil.
- 7 years structural protection
- Non-repellent termiticide (treated zone)
- Unique Colony management through “Domino Effect” via trophallaxis
- Minimal environmental impact
- Excellent all round value
- Adds value to your property
- Contaminated termites which have entered treated-soil, pass it on to others in the termite colony, causing large numbers of termites in the colony to die.
- Agenda® technology binds to the soil strongly and does not leech easily after application.
- A sustainable option where it does not affect earthworms, soil microorganisms or vegetation planted in the treated soil.
- Commercial use for more than 15 years
- Recommended by leading pest management companies around the world for its reliable termite solution.
- Green label