Actellic® is an organophosphate insecticide which controls a wide range of public health pests including mosquitoes, flies, cockroaches, fleas, ants, and other crawling insects. Insects are killed by contact, ingestion and fumigant action. It is equally effective on those insects resistant to organochlorine and some organophosphate chemicals such as malathion.
Actellic® has a low mammalian toxicity and can be used for the disinfestation of domestic premises, industrial and catering establishments, food stores and education establishments. When used in building and domestic premises, Actellic® persists on walls, floors, and other inert surfaces to give long-term residual insect control. Actellic® can also be used to disinfect beaches, refuse tips and new or seasoned timber.
Furthermore, Actellic® has ben successfully evaluated by the WHO Pesticide Evaluation Scheme (WHOPES) as a mosquito larvicide, space spray and as a residual spray for malaria vector control.
Actellic® is a highly flexible product that can be used in three key segments of vector insect control: Indoor Residual Spraying (IRS), Space Spraying, and Mosquito Larviciding. Whilst being a highly effective standalone product, within these use patterns Actellic® is also an excellent alternative to, or rotation partner for pyrethroids as part of a resistance management program. It is extremely important to use products with different modes of action in order to maintain effective long term control of insects such as Anopheles spp. that transmit serious human diseases.
Actellic® is an effective, broad spectrum insecticide and acaricide, based on the active ingredient pirimiphos-methyl, for the control of stored product pests. Successful storage of grain and other foodstuffs requires a combination of measures including proper sanitation, the right chemical protectant, proper environmental controls, and careful monitoring.
Actellic® is a cost- effective component of Integrated Pest Management and has been used successfully to protect stored produce in over 70 countries worldwide.
Actellic® controls more than 20 species of pests in the orders Coleoptera (beetles and weevils), Lepidoptera (moths) and Acarina (mites). It has many features suited to use in storage facilities, whether these are small domestic stores or large industrial scale silos:
- Controls a wide range of pests including some resistant strains
- Long-term protection and prolonged insect kill on inert surfaces
- Active against insects by contact, ingestion and fumigant routes
- Available as a liquid or dust to meet customers’ needs
- Low toxicity to mammals and other non target animals
- Proven low risk to users and consumers
- Approved by the UK’s DEFRA for use in Integrated Store Management programes
- Approved for use on ships by the International Maritime Organization
- Registered by the US EPA as a stored grain protectant
- Internationally established maximum residue levels (FAO/WHO Codex Alimentarius)
- Does not taint and can be used on malting barley
- No withholding period after treatment