The new mosquito trap specifically designed for indoors
Biogents mosquito trap “BG-Home” is a high-performance and eco-friendly trap for indoor use that targets mosquitoes that enter and rest in the house.
The trap is especially attractive to the Asian tiger mosquito (Aedes albopictus) and the yellow fever (or dengue) mosquito (Aedes aegypti), both of which are not only annoying but can also carry life threatening diseases. Asian tiger and yellow fever mosquitoes are predominantly found in the Mediterranean region and in subtropical and tropical countries where they can transmit diseases like dengue fever, chikungunya, or Zika.
Additionally, the trap can also attract other pest insects found in your home.
- For indoors
- High capture rates
- Targets tiger mosquitoes and other flying insects
- Uses no toxic chemicals
- Easy to handle
- 1st line of defence against Adult Mosquito Management NOT larvae only
- More than just a monitoring device (All round 24/7 mosquito management)
- Patented counter flow principle
- Patented lure targeted specifically to increase catch rate of Aedes and Anopheles (mimics the human being and achieves superior capture rates)
- With CO2 option to further enhance catch
- 16 years of academic research and over 300 publications that documents the exceptional catch rate
The trap’s capture method is based on the same patented capture technology of all Biogents suction traps. The BG-Home imitates the manner in which odors are presented by a human body.
Biogents has developed and patented an artificial human scent, the BG-Homescent. This scent, which is especially attractive to tiger and yellow fever mosquitoes, is dispersed by the trap in a plume that closely resembles the one produced by a human.
Additionally, inside the trap, a heated surface at body temperature provides an additional attractive stimulus for the mosquitoes. A UV light attracts additional pest insects.
Last but not least, to a mosquito, the black color of the trap is also visually attractive.
Approaching mosquitoes are lured closer by all these attractive cues and are then captured and deposited into the base of the trap where they dehydrate.
A transparent window allows you to monitor the catch and indicates when it is time to empty the trap.