The mosquito trap “BG-Mosquitaire” catches tiger mosquitoes with highest efficacy
Biogents mosquito trap “BG-Mosquitaire” is an excellent and eco-friendly tool that has been specifically developed to control Asian tiger mosquitoes and yellow fever mosquitoes. Asian tiger mosquitoes (Aedes albopictus) and yellow fever mosquitoes (Aedes aegypti) are predominantly found in the Mediterranean region and in subtropical and tropical countries where they can transmit diseases like dengue fever, chikungunya, or Zika.
The sturdy plastic trap is designed to be placed in your garden and has been tried and tested worldwide. Place the mosquito trap near the mosquito resting areas and breeding places, thus the trap will catch the mosquitoes before they reach the patio and annoy you.
- 1st line of defence against Adult Mosquito Management NOT larvae only
- More than just a monitoring device (All round 24/7 mosquito management)
- Patented counter flow principle
- Patented lure targeted specifically to increase catch rate of Aedes and Anopheles (mimics the human being and achieves superior capture rates)
- With CO2 option to further enhance catch
- 16 years of academic research and over 300 publications that documents the exceptional catch rate
The trap uses the same patented capture technology of all Biogents traps. In contrast to most of the other mosquito species, for the capture of the diurnal tiger and yellow fever mosquito carbon dioxide is not necessary. The addition of the Biogents patented mix of artificial skin emanations (BG-Sweetscent) to the attractive skills of the trap is already sufficient. To the mosquito the trap looks just like a human being. By using the CO2 versions, that is with addition of carbon dioxide (BG-Mosquitaire CO2), the trap’s performance of tiger and yellow fever mosquitoes can be increased further.
No trap from other manufacturers offers a comparable combination of
- highest capture rates – scientifically proven
- specificity – does not damage beneficial insects like butterflies, bees, or ladybugs
- and eco friendliness – uses no insecticides
If the traps are correctly positioned and run continuously throughout the season, they will effectively decrease the mosquito population, and you can enjoy your patio again.