Biogents’ mosquito trap for researchers and control professionals
The BG-Sentinel (a.k.a. the BG trap or BGS trap) from Biogents is a result of more than sixteen years of academic research into the host-finding of mosquitoes. It is a mosquito trap used by mosquito professionals worldwide. In combination with the artificial human skin scent, the BG-Lure, it is widely considered the gold standard for the sampling, monitoring, and surveillance of the vectors of dengue, chikungunya, Zika, and yellow fever (Aedes [Stegomyia] aegypti, Ae. [St.] albopictus, Ae. [St.] polynesiensis). With the addition of carbon dioxide, the BG-Sentinel is an excellent surveillance tool for mosquitoes in general..
- 1st line of defence against Adult Mosquito Management NOT larvae only
- More than just a monitoring device (All round 24/7 mosquito management)
- Patented counter flow principle
- Patented lure targeted specifically to increase catch rate of Aedes and Anopheles (mimics the human being and achieves superior capture rates)
- With CO2 option to further enhance catch
- 16 years of academic research and over 300 publications that documents the exceptional catch rate
The BG-Sentinel mosquito trap
- is collapsible, light-weight, and easy to transport
- mimics convection currents created by a human body
- employs attractive visual cues
- releases artificial skin emanations through a large surface area
- can be used without CO2 to specifically capture selected mosquito species (e.g. Stegomyia spp and Culex quinquefasciatus)
- is an excellent general mosquito trap when used with CO2.
The BG-Sentinel is mainly used by researchers and for mosquito monitoring. It’s effectiveness is worldwide tested and scientifically proven in more than 300 publications