The BG-Protector – A robust mosquito trap for permanent outdoor use
Biogents’ robust BG-Protector mosquito trap was specifically developed for permanent outdoor mosquito control and requires little maintenance. It is an ideal tool for pest control companies to use in the fight against mosquitoes.
CO2 in combination with a patented human skin odor formulation maximizes the catch rates of the trap for tiger mosquitoes and all other mosquito species.
The trap fits well to many properties or backyards, can be comfortably maintained, and the catches can be easily monitored. There is also an option to custom brand the trap with your logo.
- Robust Framework
- Integrated rainshield and CO2 nozzle
- Custom brand the trap with your logo
- Easy to maintain and to monitor catches
- Fits well in a backyard
- Very effective against tiger mosquitoes and all other mosquito species
Designed for Professional Use
- The sturdy material is robust against weather
- Integrated rainshield provides protection against rain
- A handle allows easy transport
- Can be fixed on the ground
- Can be easily cleaned
Functional Funnel Design
- Funnel with shutter which closes when power fails
- Catch bag is attached on the funnel for easy monitoring
Attractants – Integrated in the Design
- Easy access to attractants
- CO2 nozzle is integrated into the trap design
Low Power Consumption – Low Costs
- Low costs through low consumption: the fan runs on 6V
- The design of the housing includes an area for custom branding
How Does The Biogents Mosquito Trap Work?
The parameters that make a human being so attractive for mosquitoes are heat convection, CO2, human skin scent, and additionally dark colors. Biogents mosquito traps imitate these parameters and catch the mosquitoes before they can reach the patio:
- Air current generated by the ventilator draw in the mosquitoes
- Artificial human skin scent and CO2 is dispensed upwards through the air currents
The trap is used with Biogents attractant, the patented human scent mimis, to increase catch rates for Aedes albopictus and Aedes aegypti:
- BG-Lure – 5-months lure
- BG-Sweetscent – 2-months lure
- BG-Mozzibait – 3-months lure
To achieve highest performance, Biogents recommends to use the attractants in conjunction with CO2, as the synergistic effect can multiply catch rates.
For a permanent use, Biogents recommends CO2 gas bottles of 6-10 kg. For this purpose, Biogents offers a CO2 upgrade set including a pressure regulator for CO2 gas bottles (BG-Booster CO2) that regulates CO2 pressure to an optimum.
Save Money With The BG-CO2 Timer
The BG-CO2 Timer allows you to control when CO2 is released and to conincide the release with times of mosquito activity. THis way you can reduce the CO2 consumption up to 75% and extend the longevity of your CO2 bottle and decrease your costs.
Patented Technology and Performance
The BG-Protector is the robust version of Biogents’ BG-Pro trap and therefore based on the same patented technology. The BG-Pro shows excellent results indicating at leasts as good catch rates as the worldwide renowned BG-Sentinel Trap.